UWS Chapter 18: Conduct on University Lands
UWS 18.09 Institutional Regulations
- Alcohol Beverages.
- The use or possession of alcohol beverages is prohibited on all university premises, except in faculty and staff housing and as permitted by the chief administrative officer, subject to statutory age restrictions. The chief administrative officer may generally permit the use or possession of alcohol beverages by promulgating institutional regulations in consultation with appropriate staff and students, or in specific instances by written permission.
- No person may procure, sell, dispense or give away alcohol beverages to any person contrary to the provisions of ch. 125, Stats.
- In this subsection, "alcohol beverages" means fermented malt beverages and intoxicating liquors containing 0.5% or more of alcohol by volume.
- Notwithstanding s. UWS 18.14, institutional regulations developed pursuant to this subsection shall be reported to the president of the system for review and approval.
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- No person may use, or possess with the primary intent to use, drug paraphernalia to plant, propagate, cultivate, grow, harvest, manufacture, compound, convert, produce, process, prepare, test, analyze, pack, repack, store, contain, conceal, inject, ingest, inhale or otherwise introduce into the human body a controlled substance or controlled substance analog in violation of ch. 961, Stats.
- In this subsection, the term "drug paraphernalia" has the meaning specified in s. 961.571(1), Stats.; the term "controlled substance" has the meaning specified in s. 961.01(4), Stats.; and the term "controlled substance analog" has the meaning specified in s. 961.01(4m), Stats.
- In determining whether an object is drug paraphernalia under this subsection, the factors listed in s. 961.572, Stats., and all other legally relevant factors, shall be considered.
- Possession of Marijuana.
- No person may intentionally use or possess marijuana on university lands, except when such use or possession is authorized under ch. 961, Stats. or is permitted under s. 961.34, Stats.
- In this subsection, the term "marijuana" has the meaning specified in s. 961.01(14), Stats.
Revised effective September 1, 2009