If you are a first time employee of UW-Whitewater, the hiring department will need to verify your employment eligibility. You will need to complete the I-9 Form in this process. It is important to note that you will need to have the following documents readily available:
- U.S. Passport (U.S. Citizens) or Permanent Resident Card (International Students) OR
- Valid Driver's License and U.S. Social Security Card OR
- Valid Driver's License and original or certified copy of your birth certificate
A complete list of documents is available at http://www.uww.edu/csd/common/student%20employment/i-9.pdf.
The hiring manager will ask you for these documents and will guide you through the hiring process. All students will need to complete the Employment Eligibility process the first time they are hired by the University. In addition, the following items will need to be completed:
- Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate (W-4 Form)
- Selective Service Compliance - Required for all male U.S. citizens who are 18 and not yet 26 years of age.
- Direct Deposit Form - You will need your checking or savings account numbers to complete this form. Please make sure your information is accurate to ensure timely payment.
A Criminal Background Check will be conducted for students hired into specific roles, such as those student employees who work with children. Your hiring manager will let you know if this process is required of you.