Honors Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the Honors Program as a Freshman, you must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Top 10% of your high school class with an ACT composite score of 24 or greater
- Top 25% of your high school class with an ACT composite score of 28 or greater
Enrolled UW-Whitewater Students
To be eligible for the Honors Program as an enrolled UW-Whitewater Student, you must have both of the following requirements:
- Completed at least 12 credits of academic work at UW-Whitewater
- Minimum GPA of 3.40
Incoming Transfer Students
For eligibility requirements, you should contact the Honors Director.
If you would like to enroll in the University Honors Program, you must complete an application which you may find on our website's resources page located here: Resources page. Please fill out the form on your computer and print for your signature and return to the Honors Office, Andersen Library 2115.
Beginning in Fall 2015, transfer students who have earned at least 12 Honors credits at their previous institution must complete a “residency requirement” of at least 9 Honors credits at UW-Whitewater. Transfer students entering the UHP with fewer than 12 Honors credits must complete enough Honors credits at UW-W to reach 21 Honors credits. The minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4 to enter and to remain in the UHP applies to all transfer students.
Why the honors program?
MORE PERSONALIZED EDUCATION EXPERIENCE:
· Small class size in general studies honors classes
· Faculty mentoring in the Honors Option program
· On-campus honors student work and meeting place
· Travel abroad awards
· Opportunity to travel to the National Collegiate Honors Council Conference (NCHC) and Upper Midwest Honors Council Conference (UMHC)
· Honors credits enhance professional and graduate school applications
· Personal academic and career advising, including help with scholarship applications
· Priority registration