Why the Honors Program?
More personalized education experience:
- Small class size in general studies honors classes
- Faculty mentoring in the Honors Option program
- On-campus honors student work and meeting place
- Travel abroad awards
- Opportunity to travel to the National Collegiate Honors Council Conference (NCHC) and Upper Midwest Honors Council Conference (UMHC)
- Honors credits enhance professional and graduate school applications
- Personal academic and career advising, including help with scholarship applications
- Priority registration
Jon Hetzel, UW-W Honors Program Alumnus – 2010
Currently: Pursuing Master’s Degree in Counseling-Student Affairs at Northern Arizona University, working as Graduate Assistant Residence Hall Director in Office of Residence Life
Being a part of the Honors Program at UW-Whitewater was an incredible experience. Giving me a chance to attend conferences across the nation, to deeply explore life issues in conversation with trusted others, and to develop my leadership skills in community and program building, the Honors program was crucial to my development and success while a student at Whitewater. It helped me to grow both personally as well as professionally, and as such became a home for me that I will not forget.