Q:How do I connect to my UW-W email with my iPhone?
You need to have at least iPhone software 2.0.
Please note you can only have one Exchange account setup on an iPhone.
- From the Home screen, tap "Settings" then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
- Select "Add Account" and you will see the screen below.
- Choose "Microsoft Exchange" and enter your account information.
- Email: Enter your UWW email address (ex. email@example.com)
- Domain: Enter uww
- Username: Enter your Net‐ID (example doej)
- Password: Enter your password
- Description: Enter a description of this account, such as UW-W
- The iPhone will not be able to discover the server automatically and will prompt you to enter the server address.
- Server: Enter post.uww.edu
- Once you have entered these settings, you can choose which items to synchronize.
- If you choose to sync Contacts or Calendar, you will not be able to sync Contacts or Calendar with a program on your computer at a later date.
- You can also decide how often you want iPhone to check for new messages under Settings, Fetch New Data.
- Push: new data will be pushed to your phone as soon as the message arrives on the server.
- Fetch: iPhone will look for new message at regular intervals. You can choose every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or hourly. Choosing manually will set iPhone to only check for new messages when you open the Mail application.