LTC Lab Technician
Requirements and Description
The Learning Technology Center works directly with faculty and staff from all areas on campus. Our goal is to provide and assist them with using instructional technology for their courses. Student Lab Technicians are responsible for working with LTC staff on projects and other items directly related to course instruction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering phone calls and making first contact with walk-in customers.
- Assist faculty clients with technology questions related to hardware and software.
- Be proficient with the PC and Mac software and storage set up at the LTC.
- Videotaping in the LTC studio or on location.
- Process video projects - capture, edit, output to various media such as DVD and streaming.
- Instructional courseware production projects as they come in - scanning, PDF production, graphic image work, etc.
- Write user documentation.
- Do independent research on technology as assigned and able to present findings to the staff.
- Be a team player but can work independently, have dedication to the task on hand- trivial or big, need a genuine interest in applying technology to instruction.
- Work in a fast paced environment and be able to multitask.
- Attend paid ITSE (IT Student Employment) training sessions.
- Produce interactive courseware.
- Design simple course websites as needed - need to know CSS, XHTML, XML
- Develop web applications as needed – PHP, Flash, MySQL.
- Provide answers to basic Desire2Learn questions as needed.
Interested applicants should send a resume and current semester availability to email@example.com