Faculty/Staff Workshops & Training
Events Calendar Policy
Purpose: The primary purpose of the LEARN (Learning Enhancement, Assessment, and Research Network) Center Campus Events Calendar is to notify faculty and staff of the faculty development activities offered on campus which are sponsored by the LEARN Center. Such activities include reading/discussion group meetings; faculty development workshops; first year program (tenure-track faculty) meetings; chairs' council meetings, and teaching scholars program meetings.
Who Can Submit: LEARN Center staff will submit calendar dates for all activities conducted through the LEARN Center.
- Reading/Discussion Group Meetings: Groups (generally two-three groups per semester) meet every two weeks for six meetings to discuss a book chosen by the discussion leader.
- First Year Program Meetings: Newly hired tenure-track faculty meet each month to discuss topics that are relevant to their first year of teaching.
- Chairs' Council Meetings: Department chairs meet two times each semester to discuss topics of concern/interest/relevance to their role as chair.
- Teaching Scholars Program: A select group of faculty meet every other week for faculty development activities.
- Faculty Development Workshops: Current topics relevant to faculty development and teaching enhancement.