UW-Whitewater Printing Policy
At UW-Whitewater, Instructional, Communication and Information Technology (iCIT) provides the infrastructure and management of network printing resources for faculty, staff and students. Printing resources are available to students in general access and college computing labs, and to staff in offices with shared printer environments.
- All appropriate use guidelines in the UW-W Network Infrastructure Policy apply to the use of network-based printing.
- Colleges, departments or other work units may set limits and guidelines for printing, especially in labs.
- Use printing resources responsibly, as resources are not unlimited.
The policies for unacceptable use and associated access restrictions that apply to the UW-W network infrastructure also apply to network-based printing.
Printing Resources for Staff
Printing technologies change rapidly, and so the solutions available to offices and labs. If your organization or department has special printing requirements, contact iCIT to help find a solution to best meet your needs.
Advantages of Network-based Printing
Network-based printing is recommended for most office and lab printing needs at UW-W. Network printers, which having a higher initial cost than personal printers, show the following advantages:
- Have a lower per page operating cost
- Can print more pages per minute
- Can handle high volume
- Can be shared easily by multiple users
- Can be managed remotely, for setup and problem-solving
- Can be repaired cost-effectively