MeetingPlace Service Level Agreement
This is a Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) between the campus community and iCIT to document:
- Procedures and requirements for requesting a voice, video, or web conference
- Procedures for support during a voice, video, or web conference
Cisco MeetingPlace is a conferencing system which fully integrates voice, video, and web conferencing capabilities to give remote meetings a natural and effective face‐to‐face quality. Intuitive interfaces make setting up, attending, and managing meetings simple and straightforward. Meetings can range from lecture-style webinars to collaborative open forum-style meetings. The system can be accessed by phone, going to a website, or through the calendar in Microsoft Outlook. More information about MeetingPlace, including documentation is available on the MeetingPlace service page.
Roles & Responsibilities
Acquisition of Software for Scheduling Conferences
Requests for a MeetingPlace conference shall be made using either meetingplace.uww.edu or the Microsoft Outlook add-in. The MeetingPlace Outlook add-in is available for installation through ZENworks. Training documentation is available for staff and faculty with a valid net-ID and password at http://www.uww.edu/icit/services/emailcomm/conference.html.User Responsibilities:
- Installing the Microsoft Outlook add-in (for scheduling conferences through Outlook)
- Installing the Cisco Unified Presenter Add-in (for presenters)
- Setting up the details of the meeting including whether it will be collaborative (interactive), a presentation, or a webinar
- Creating the guest list
- Setting permission levels for guests (audience, speaker, etc.)
- Selecting recording options if they desire a record of the conference
- Reviewing training documentation (http://www.uww.edu/icit/services/emailcomm/conference.html)
- Requesting training through the Helpdesk if it is needed
- Schedule conference rooms for video conferencing
- Maintaining the university’s infrastructure as related to operating MeetingPlace software
- Maintaining iCIT Conferencing Webpage with correct training information
- Support users in installing and using add-ons
- Advance training for presenters, on request
Service During a Conference
Support during a conference will be provided by the Helpdesk to the best of their abilities. Call 472-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours.User Responsibilities:
- The organizer is responsible for training users. Directions will be sent via email to all guests when the conference is set up.
- Phone support to troubleshoot minor issues
In Scope Services
- Consultation and Training in the use of Meeting Place
- Requesting information on how to install add-i ns
- Troubleshooting problems with scheduling
- Consultation for video conference options
- Scheduling video conferencing rooms
Out of Scope Services
- Having iCIT schedule conferences
- In person support during conferences
Add-in software to enable usage of MeetingPlace is available through ZENworks and at meetingplace.uww.edu. Directions and training literature are also available at http://www.uww.edu/icit/services/emailcomm/conference.html.
Voice and web conferencing are available from an location with a phone and Internet connection. Video conferencing requires specific equipment and/or software. For video conference needs, c ontact the Helpdesk to schedule a consultation or regarding the designated campus areas that support video conferencing.
Hours of Coverage and Escalation Procedures
The Helpdesk is the initial contact for all service related requests. Phone: 472-HELP (472-4357) or email@example.com
The hours during academic sessions are:
Monday-Thursday: 8 AM - 9 PM
Fridays: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
(Check helpdesk.uww.edu for summer and extended hours.)
Service will be prioritized on the following scale.
|Impact Level||Explanation||Examples||Initial Response Time|
|Impact Level 1||Campus-wide impact||Virtual Command Center for Campus Emergencies becomes unavailable||An initial contact will be made within 30 minutes.|
|Impact Level 2||Groups are affected||Problems with MeetingPlace occur during a major conference||During business hours, the Helpdesk will attempt to assist over the phone. If problem is not solved, an initial response will be made within 1 hour. A conference may have to be postponed.|
|Impact Level 3||Individuals are affected||An individual meeting has problems.||Helpdesk will attempt to assist over the phone. Meeting may have to be rescheduled.|
|Informational Request||Individuals need information on how to use MeetingPlace||An individual does not know how to schedule a meeting.||Helpdesk will respond within one business week.|
Impact Level 2 and 3 service requests will be handled during normal business hours. If a department/division does not receive a contact within the specified time for their Impact Level, an email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees and Expenses
MeetingPlace is available without any fees except for telecom conferencing which will involve regular telephone line charges.