TSC Helpdesk

System Status


Get the Latest

Enter your email address to receive the latest iCIT announcements in your inbox.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I request Audio Visual Equipment?

Requesting AV equipment can be found at the AV Checkout Service Page. Equipment can be checked out by faculty, staff and students. Students are permitted to checkout equipment for instructional use and are required to have permission from a faculty or staff sponsor in order to pickup equipment. Get more information »

back to top

What recommendations do you have for personal computer purchases?

UW-Whitewater offers the 4U Program for students, faculty and staff. The program partners with top computer and software manufactures to provide significant savings on products. The 4U program recommends both PCs and Macs. Check out our System Recommendations page to see recommended computer configurations.

back to top

How do I get rid of my old computer equipment?

When you need surplus computer, printer or other computing hardware to be picked up from your work area, first submit a request to the TSC Helpdesk using the iConnect-Tech Support-Self system. Simply log-in to the system, select “Request Help” from the main menu (or Submit a Ticket from the left hand menu), which will take you to the ticket form. From the Common Needs menu of services, select “Technology Equipment Pick-up Needed” and the form will fill in prompts for needed information.

Computer surplus is picked up within 10 business days from when the request is received at the TSC Helpdesk. Personal information will be removed from any computer equipment to ensure privacy. For more information please review the Campus Computer Repurposing and Surplus Process.

Surplus pickup covers, but is not limited to:

Contact the TSC Helpdesk (262) 472-4357 or helpdesk@uww.edu if you have questions.

back to top

How do I get more training for campus computer software programs?

Training on campus software is offered UW-W faculty and staff. For current course offerings, please visit the Training Service's Web site at: https://signup.uww.edu. IT student employees can also benefit from training. Special classes are available to enhance a student's knowledge of technology. Students can sign up for training at the Training Services Web site.

back to top

What recommendations do you have for university technology purchases?

Purchasing computers, software, peripherals or other equipment intended to connect with our campus network require iCIT consultation prior to purchase. Examples of these items are indicated on our Examples of Applicable Items page. This page also has information on who to contact for purchasing inquires.

We also have lists of UW-W Recommended Printers for network or individual needs and an extensive list of PCs and Macs for department purchase.

back to top

Why can I not log into WINS?

Those who are having troubles logging into the WINS system can follow these steps to correctly login. If you are still having troubles with logging into WINS, please contact the Technology Support Center Helpdesk at 262.472.HELP (4357).

back to top