More Best Practices
Classroom Technology Best Practices
- Do not turn off classroom computers. Leave them on for the next class.
- Turn off projectors when you are done with class. Projector lamps are expensive.
- Logoff your account if you login to Novell or your network storage during class. If unsure, reboot the machine.
Desire2Learn Best Practices
- Request courses in advance. Do not wait until the day before a semester starts.
- Request courses at http://facstaff.uww.edu/d2l . Do not send email to staff.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for fast resolution of your problems.
- Send student registration problems to email@example.com. Do not send them to D2L support.
- Check the start and end date of your course to match the access dates you want for your students.
- Attend D2L training workshops during the semester to learn how to maximize D2L features for your courses.
- Attend the D2L walk-in clinic on Friday afternoons at the LTC for quick problem resolution.
- Check the UWW-D2L Instructor Resources Course for updated documentation and announcements.
- Do not mount documents on D2L that are over 2MB. Think of students with slow internet connections.
- Optimize PDF files, PowerPoint files, image files and more. Come to the LTC for help.
- Do not ask your students to print un-optimized PowerPoint files or PDF files. Come to the LTC for help.