Campus Wireless Connection
To use wireless on campus, you will need a Net-ID and laptop computer with a WiFi certified 802.11a/g/n wireless network card.
To Connect To UW-W Wireless you need:
- A UW-W Net-ID (Campus Log-in)
- A portable (laptop) computer with a WiFi certified 802.11a/g/n or 802.11g/n wireless network card.
- If your portable computer does not have a built-in wireless network card, you should purchase a WiFi certified 802.11a/g/n or 802.11g/n wireless network card. We recommend Linksys or Cisco.
- Current level of an Operating system
- Windows XP or Mac OS X
- Windows 2000 - may need to install a software patch (download client for 802.1x from Microsoft website). Call the Technology Support Center Helpdesk at 472-HELP for assistance.
- Go to the Wireless connection page for computer set up instructions.