Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an iPhone and do I need one?
- How do I connect to the campus wireless network with my iPhone?
- How do I connect to my UW-W email with my iPhone?
- How do I connect to my UW-W Calendar with my iPhone?
- What model or versions of iPhone are supported at UW-W?
- How do I check what iPhone software OS version I have?
- How do I purchase an iPhone for work at UW-W?
- How can I purchase an iPhone for personal use?
How do I connect to my UW-W Calendar with my iPhone?
How do I connect to my UW-W email with my iPhone?
You need to have at least iPhone software 2.0.
Please note you can only have one Exchange account setup on an iPhone.
- From the Home screen, tap "Settings" then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
- Select "Add Account" and you will see the screen below.
- Choose "Microsoft Exchange" and enter your account information.
- Email: Enter your UW-W email address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Domain: Enter uww
- Username: Enter your UW-W email address (ex. email@example.com)
- Password: Enter your password
- Description: Enter a description of this account, such as UW-W
- The iPhone will not be able to discover the server automatically and will prompt you to enter the server address.
- Server: Enter post.uww.edu
- Once you have entered these settings, you can choose which items to synchronize.
- If you choose to sync Contacts or Calendar, you will not be able to sync Contacts or Calendar with a program on your computer at a later date.
- You can also decide how often you want iPhone to check for new messages under Settings, Fetch New Data.
- Push: new data will be pushed to your phone as soon as the message arrives on the server.
- Fetch: iPhone will look for new message at regular intervals. You can choose every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or hourly. Choosing manually will set iPhone to only check for new messages when you open the Mail application.
How do I connect to the campus wireless network with my iPhone?
- Click the settings icon
- And then WIFI
- Make sure wifi is on as in the picture below; then click other...
- Enter uww-wifi in the name field and click on the security button as below
- On the security pane check WPA Enterprise as in the picture below, then press “other network” to return/continue.
- Enter your Net-IDand password as in the figure below and hit send
- You should now be connected to the uww-wifi network
- For additional details, please see "How to Connect to UWW-W Wireless Network".
How can I purchase an iPhone for personal use?
AT&T Wireless offers discounts to UW-W employees and students on select wireless products and services, in addition to other web-only offers. See UW-W's 4U Program for more information.
iPhones are also available through AT&T Wireless and at most technology retail stores.
How do I purchase an iPhone for work at UW-W?
To purchase a work-related cell phone, please see UW-W Cellular Service request instructions.
What model or versions of iPhone are supported at UW-W?
iPhone/iPod Touch must be running iPhone OS 2.0 Software or later to connect to campus wireless and Email/Calendar.
How do I check what iPhone software OS version I have?
From the Home screen, tap "Settings", then "General", then "About". The version number for your phone will be listed next to Version.
What is an iPhone and do I need one?
An iPhone provides mobile users access to email, phone, data, applications, games, music and the internet from the iPhone. It is designed for users that want technology at the touch of a finger.
An iPod Touch is a device similar to the iPhone but without the phone capabilities.