JAWS - Respondus Grant
This grant opportunity is for faculty who are interested in (or have been frustrated by) the assessment functions in Blackboard.
The LTC received a small grant from UWS to test an of assessment (quizzes/surveys)software called Respondus. This software claims to offer a number of significant improvements related to quizzes and surveys (see list at the end of this email) over Blackboard and it also integrates seamlessly with Bb. We are seeking about four Bb instructors who would be willing to try out various features of this program, and test it in one or more courses over the coming Fall and Spring semesters. At the end of the school year, we will need a brief report on the successes, issues, and your impression on the program.
If you are interested in participating, please respond to Lorna Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org, or campus mail LTC L-1002) by filling out the form by Sept 13, 2002.
Selected participants will be invited to a special training session to get you acquainted with the software early fall. Each will receive a copy of the Respondus program to be installed on his/her computer, and we will also be able to offer a small stipend for the work.
Please check out the features before you reply. More detailed description of the software as well as a trial version can be downloaded directly from the vendor: http://www.respondus.com ThanksLorna Wong
Features of Respondus
- Ability to handle questions input in a batch mode via a text file with an easy to use format.
- Ability to organize and archive question pools to be reused and randomized for different courses.
- Exams can be created offline and imported to BB.
- Ability to export and reorganize existing question pools or individual quizzes off-line.
- Surveys can be completed online and exported to Excel.
- Web-based exams that use equations can be taken online.
- Test banks provided by a text publisher can be easily converted for online use.
- Embedded graphics, audio, and video files can be used with BB quizzes.
- Links to multimedia content on other servers make possible the use of streaming video or PowerPoint in BB quizzes.