Collaboratory meeting rooms are offered to give UW-Whitewater students space and resources for group projects. Collaboratories are equipped with:
- A desktop computer connected to the Internet and equipped with the same software as a lab computer, as well as Smartboard software
- A projector connected to the Desktop computer
- A Smartboard for projection and collaborative note-taking. [Please see lab assistant to check out Smartboard accessories, and help using the Smartboard]
- Laptop computers (PCs and Macs) are available for checkout for the duration of the room use
- Wireless connection to the Internet is available in all collaboratory rooms. You are encouraged to bring your own laptop
Collaboratories can be reserved up to one week in advance by contacting an Andersen Lab Attendant or calling (262) 472-1994. Failure to show up 10 minutes after reservation time results in forfeit of the collaboratory. Students must bring a valid student ID to check out the collaboratory and are responsible for the collaboratory and all equipment checked out for use. Students are encouraged to ask the Andersen Lab Attendants on duty about equipment use and are reminded that the collaboratories are monitored while in use. No food or drink is permitted in the collaboratories.
Collaboratory Room Usage Policy
Use of collaborative meeting rooms by any group signifies acceptance of the following usage policy.