Academic Computer Labs and Classroom Wallpaper
UW-Whitewater's lab desktop wallpaper is considered to be a part of the University brand and serves as a visible tool in communicating UW-Whitewater's logo. To ensure a consistent brand presence throughout campus, UW-Whitewater lab and classroom desktop wallpaper should follow university brand standards developed and managed by Marketing & Media Relations.
Simple guidelines for this policy are as follows:
- As part of lab and classroom computer setup, iCIT will provide a default desktop wallpaper. This wallpaper will be designed within iCIT and approved by Marketing & Media Relations (MMR).
- All Student Tech Fee funded General Access Lab computers will use a common wallpaper as designed by iCIT and approved by MMR.
- Any college or department that wishes to have a custom wallpaper may design their own. The wallpaper final design must be approved by MMR by sending to Joy Yang, MMR, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once approved, the lab owner should submit the wallpaper file, approval information from MMR, and information on the lab location to iCIT for deployment. Call the TSC Helpdesk at 262-472-HELP (4357) or email helpdesk.uww.edu
- The wallpaper should be in .jpg format
- Wallpaper image size should be 1920 x 1080
- Lab owners may change the wallpaper file once per semester, twice if the second change is returning back to the previous wallpaper.
- Wallpapers should not be used for third party advertising.
- Common use of the wallpaper would be to inform users about changes in lab hours or employment opportunities for the lab, and similar messages.
Thank you for working together to present a consistent lab environment for students.