General Usage Policies
It is the USER's RESPONSIBILITY TO OBTAIN and REMEMBER THIS INFORMATION:
- The use of UW-Whitewater's computer resources is a privilege. It is not a right.
- Be respectful of other lab users, lab equipment and area at all times in the computer lab. All noise levels (include: talking, music, muffled headphone noise, etc) in the lab should be kept to a minimum so that others are not disturbed. The computer labs are to be used as a study environment.
- Lab staff on duty will be available to advise users with computer problems and how to do computer related tasks, but are not available to assist with users' academic work or other college-related tasks and cannot do computer work on the users' behalf.
- To respect the privacy of other users; for example, users shall not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, tapes, or passwords belonging to other users, or misrepresent others, unless explicitly authorized to do so by those users.
- By using any computer in the computer labs at UW-Whitewater, you agree to abide by this policy.