Care for your Clicker
- The clicker sold at the University Bookstore has been checked to be in good working condition. [If you are purchasing a used clicker, a new set of batteries have been installed, and the batteries should last for the semester.]
- It is your responsibility to take care of the device throughout the semester.
- The clicker is a very small device. Decide where you will store this device – a special compartment in your book bag, your purse, your wallet, etc. that you can always find it, and you will remember to take it to class. Your shirt pocket, jacket pocket, the back pocket of your pants may not be a good idea. The clicker does not survive the laundry very well.
- Make sure your clicker is not tightly pressed against something when not in use. This can wear out the batteries quickly.
- The clicker is powered by two coin cell CR2032 (3.0V) Lithium Batteries and has an average battery life of roughly 12 months. If your batteries run out, it is best that you take it back to the bookstore for replacement. They have the right tools to open up the case. Your clicker has a fresh set of batteries at the time of purchase. It will be your responsibility to pay for replacement batteries.
- When you press a button, a green light appears in the presence of a receiver (such as in a class session), and a red light flashes anywhere else, then your clicker is responding properly.