PeopleSoft 8.9 Upgrade
The PeopleSoft WINS & Student Administration/Human Resources system was upgraded to Peoplesoft 8.9 during summer 2006.
The upgrade involved three main phases. The first phase upgraded a copy of the UWW production system to allow key administrative departments to assess changes in the new version. This assessment activity will took place from January to early April.
The second phase began on March 20th and concluded at the end of July. It involved:
- Creating a new PeopleSoft 8.9 development environment,
- Reapplying customizations due to changes in the delivered application,
- Configuring any new setup required with the vendor changes,
- Retesting the whole PeopleSoft system,
- Developing and delivering campus training,
- Refining the upgrade process that will be used in the production upgrade, and creating a quality assurance environment for pre-production, final system testing.
The third phase was the production upgrade itself. During this phase, the new vendor web pages and processes were incorporated into the existing production system, the database tables were altered to the PeopleSoft 8.9 structure, the customizations that were reapplied in the development environment were rolled forward into the production system, and the production system was configured and checked for proper functioning before being released fully to the campus community.
The production upgrade took place starting on Friday, July 28th, 2006, continuing through Sunday, August 6th. The PeopleSoft & WINS Student Administration/HR System were unavailable during the upgrade. The system was available again in its upgraded version on Monday, August 7th, 2006.
Click on the graphic below to download a PDF version of the project timeline.