Exchange Calendar Conversion
During Summer 2006, iCIT converted the campus online group calendaring system from CorporateTime to the Exchange calendar system that integrates with the UWW email system.
There are many benefits of moving to an integrated calendar/email system:
- Use a single login with Net-ID for both calendar and email
- Outlook users have a common interface and command set for email and calendaring; no need to learn a separate program
- New campus faculty and staff don't have to learn a separate calendaring program
- Calendar information is managed within Outlook or OWA, increasing efficiency; no need to switch to a separate program
- Calendar users can use the same distribution lists available in email
- Users can more reliably access both email and calendar through a PDA client
- Calendar accounts are created with email account; no need for separate account requests
Project Timeline:June 2006:
- Finalize system configurations and conversion plan
- Communicate with Campus
- Collect input, suggestions and questions from calendar users
- Conduct Training Workshops
- Create self-help documentation
- Provide individualized training for offices/departments upon request
- Current CorporateTime calendar service will go offline at noon on Friday, July 28.
- System data will be migrated to Exchange Calendar July 28 - August 1.
- New Exchange Calendar system is available beginning Wednesday, August 2.
- Provide additional support resources following conversion.
Please send any feedback regarding this project to firstname.lastname@example.org.