Content Management System Upgrade
A new version of the Collage content management system was released in November 2007 and subsequently installed at UWW to improve its Website management. Computer files, audio, video, electronic documents and Web information are all managed by Collage in a manner which allows for the data to be kept as current as possible with minimal administration. It also allows for collaborative efforts while managing multiple versions of content. Many features of visual layout can be predetermined to give campus electronic resources a more consistent and professional appearance.
- Assists in keeping content current
- Better overall consistency
- Eliminates broken links automatically
- Allows for flexibility and customization of Web layout.
- Incremental deployment feature
- Phase 1 (Winter 2007-2008): Installation and evaluation of new version of Collage
- Phase 2 (February 2008): Upgraded the production server with the new version & configured it to UWW specifications
- Phase 3 (Spring 2008): Provide campus Web authors with information on how to use new features of Collage