iPrint On Linux
UW-W uses a system called iPrint to manage printing and install printers across campus workstations. This project will move the service to a new backend server environment, reduce downtime, and improve the end-user experience.
- Improve system stability by migrating the service to a Linux environment
- Improve end-user experience with installing printers and managing printing resources
- Reduce downtime by segmenting campus printing service into regions.
- Update printing hardware.
- Project Kickoff
- Define printing regions & maps
- Communicate with campus regarding any changes related to printing
- Test installation and printing
- Install new printers on campus workstations (thru April 10)
- Finalize project, resolve any outstanding issues