Email Account Creation/Deletion
When will my UW-W email account be created?
- Student email accounts are created when students are registered for a Freshman Preview or Transfer Registration session.
When will my UW-Whitewater email account be deleted?
- Student email accounts are deleted automatically for any student that has not been registered for classes in the past 9 months. Please ensure that you retrieve any important email messages or Student Storage files before that date.
Can I still access my email and student storage after my account has been deleted?
- Class storage files are deleted every semester and student storage files are deleted when the email account is deleted. Once deleted, email and storage files are not retrievable.
How can I request to continue using UW-Whitewater email?
- If you have graduated from UW-Whitewater and would like to maintain a UW-Whitewater email account, please see the Warhawk4Life program, offered to UW-Whitewater graduates and retiring faculty and staff through a partnership with Google. You must authenticate your UW-W NetID and password in order to sign up for Warhawk4Life email.
When will my UW-Whitewater email account be created or deleted?
- Faculty and staff email accounts are created automatically when staff are hired.When a faculty or staff member leaves the University, the email account will automatically be deleted. Once deleted, email and storage files are not retrievable.
University emeriti and retirees will automatically have continuation of their email account, either through the campus system or another source, as long as the account is actively used and is in compliance with the UW-Whitewater licensing agreement. Once a password has been expired for more than 180 days, the email account will be automatically deleted.