Use the Network Safely
SAFE NETWORK AND INTERNET USAGE
Use virus protection software & keep it updated.
All computers connected to the campus network must be using up-to-date anti-virus software. McAfee 8 is the current PC antivirus solution on campus and is installed on all UWW provided computers.
Students: McAfee is available from ResNet for students living in the Residence halls. Please visit the ResNet website for more information.
Use an anti-spyware program.
- Users should not install software that can compromise their machines.
- Use one of the campus-wide solutions to remove spyware include Spybot and Spykiller.
INTERNET SECURITY PRACTICES
- Don’t click on links sent to you through e-mail. Instead open your browser and type in the address of the sites that you wish to visit.
- Do not send confidential data over unsecured links. Unsecured links start with http and secure links start with https.
- Clear your web browser cache and delete your “cookies” after each use of your web browser.