WebEx is an online web conferencing tool that allows you to meet with colleagues anywhere in the world using your internet connection and web browser. With WebEx, you can host virtual meetings online using audio and video, share presentations and files, chat (IM) with others, and conduct online presentations using screen sharing.
WebEx On-Prem (Staff/Faculty/Students) You can log into WebEx On-Prem by going to meet.uww.edu. Login using your Net-ID and password. (Most Common)
WebEx Cloud (Staff/Faculty): You can log into WebEx Cloud by going to uww.webex.com. Login using your Net-ID and password. (For large or Telepresence events)
On-Prem (50 or fewer attendees)
Cloud (50 or more attendees)
Lynda.com - Search for training videos related to WebEx Meeting Center
The ICIT Technology Training team offers faculty and staff live, hands-on, training sessions related to Cisco WebEx throughout the year.
Hands-on training sessions are not currently available to students.
Please visit the ICIT - Technology Training section in the Signup Tool to view and register for available classes offered by the ICIT Training and Advancement team.
In addition to scheduled training, the ICIT Training team also offers consulting and custom training for departments and individuals on a variety of campus-supported software. If you or your department are interested in scheduling a software consultation or a group training session, please email your request to email@example.com.
1. Go to uww.webex.com.
2. Sign into WebEx using your Net-ID and password.
3. Select One-Click Meeting located under the "Host a Meeting" header in the left-hand toolbar.
4. Install the WebEx plugin if you have not done so in the past.
5. The WebEx Meeting Center window should now launch.
6. Select your audio conference method - Click the "Call Using Computer" button to use audio through your computer or use a phone to call into the WebEx meeting using the phone number provided.
7. Click the Invite and Remind button to send a meeting invite to others.
Google Chromebooks do not currently support the WebEx web conferencing interface. Please use a Windows PC or Mac to access WebEx.
There is a known issue with new versions of Firefox (28 and later) and SSL handling which can cause an error message for WebEx on-prem users. After logging into meet.uww.edu, users receive a "Secure Connection Failure" message.
A workaround to this issue is to use an alternate browser, such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, or change the Firefox configuration for TLS.
Change Firefox Configuration for TLS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help.