WebEx is an online web conferencing tool that allows you to meet with colleagues anywhere in the world using your internet connection and web browser. With WebEx, you can host virtual meetings online using audio and video, share presentations and files, chat (IM) with others, and conduct online presentations using screen sharing.
WebEx for Faculty/Staff: You can log into WebEx by going to uww.webex.com. Login using your Net-ID and password.
WebEx for Students: Students can create and host WebEx meetings by going to uwwstudents.webex.com. Login using your Net-ID and password.
Note: On-premises meetings will be discontinued after the fall 2015 semester, and will be permanently replaced with a more cost-effective cloud solution.
NOTE: WebEx On-Premises will be transitioning to a more cost-effective cloud-based WebEx solution. WebEx on-premises will no longer be available after the fall 2015 semester.
Lynda.com - Search for training videos related to WebEx Meeting Center
The ICIT Technology Training team offers faculty and staff live, hands-on, training sessions related to Cisco WebEx throughout the year.
Hands-on training sessions are not currently available to students.
Please visit the ICIT - Technology Training section in the Signup Tool to view and register for available classes offered by the ICIT Training and Advancement team.
In addition to scheduled training, the ICIT Training team also offers consulting and custom training for departments and individuals on a variety of campus-supported software. If you or your department are interested in scheduling a software consultation or a group training session, please email your request to email@example.com.
Have a question? Check out our frequently asked questions below. Not seeing what you are looking for? Contact the Technology Support Center at 262-472-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff and faculty using uww.webex.com are able to record and download WebEx sessions to the WebEx server or locally to a computer. Students using uwwstudents.webex.com are can only record meetings locally to their computer.
1. Staff and faculty will go to :uww.webex.com. Students will go to uwwstudents.webex.com.
2. Sign into WebEx using your Net-ID and password.
3. Select One-Click Meeting located under the "Host a Meeting" header in the left-hand toolbar.
4. Install the WebEx plugin if you have not done so in the past.
5. The WebEx Meeting Center window should now launch.
6. Select your audio conference method - Click the "Call Using Computer" button to use audio through your computer or use a phone to call into the WebEx meeting using the phone number provided.
7. Click the Invite and Remind button to send a meeting invite to others.
1. Click the "Join WebEx Meeting" link that appears in the email you received containing the WebEx meeting information.
2. If asked, enter your name and email address, then click the "Join" button.
3. If you receive any pop up messages about downloading or installing the WebEx plugin, accept and install it.
4. Once the Webex meeting interface has launched, click the "Call Using Computer" button to join the meeting using your computer's microphone and speakers, or call into the meeting using a traditional phone.
Please see the instructions here to create an audio-only WebEx conference.
The WebEx web conferencing interface is not currently supported on Google Chromebooks. Please use a Windows PC or Mac to access WebEx.
Staff and faculty WebEx does allow for people to join the audio portion of the meeting by calling the phone number listed in the meeting email. Student WebEx only allows for students to join the audio portion of the student meeting using computer/headset audio.