Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a visa?
Go to: Apply For Visa

What fees are required to apply to UW-Whitewater?
There is a $44 application fee and also a $100 admision fee that is applied directly to the student's tuition.

What type of financial aid is available to international students?
International students are eligible to apply for the International Student Scholarship that is based on academic achievement. Inquire about applying when you send in application materials to the Admissions Office.

Am I out of status if my F-1 or J-1 visa has expired?
You are not out of status if you F-1 or J-1 visa has expired because the F-1 and J-1 visas are entry documents only. However, if you were to leave the U.S. you would not be able to return to the U.S. until the visa is renewed.

Can I get an F-1 or J-1 visa in the U.S. or another country without returning to my home country?
An international student cannot review their F-1 or J-1 visa while in the U.S. nor can they obtain a new one while in the U.S. Third country issuance of the F-1 and J-1 visas is generally not an option.

When are the application deadlines for UW-Whitewater?
November 15th for Spring Semester admission, and May 1st for Fall Semester. Late applicants will be reviewed on an individual basis.

If I have all my application materials in to Uw-Whitewater, how long does it take before I am issued an I-20?
Approximately two weeks.


Center for Global Education
Hyland Hall, Suite 1227
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
809 West Starin Road
Whitewater, WI 53190

Contact the Center

Phone: 262-472-5759
Fax: 262-472-1491
E-mail us!