International Faculty and Scholars

International staff and scholars must apply for the appropriate visa or status. These include the following:

  • H-1B Visa: The H-1B visa classification may be granted to a foreign national who will perform services (work) in a "specialty occupation."
  • Visiting Scholars (J1 Visa): Program available for short term research and other scholarly activities. More information can be found here.  
  • Permanent Residency: When an application for permanent residence is based on UW-Whitewater employment, the Center for Global Education will file the Labor Certification and the I-140. 

Where to Find Us

Center for Global Education
Hyland Hall, Suite 1227
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
809 West Starin Road
Whitewater, WI 53190

Contact Us

Phone: 262-472-5759
Fax: 262-472-1491
E-mail us!