What is Global Café?
Global Café is an informal gathering of students, faculty and staff that promotes cross-cultural awareness through the exchange of ideas and experiences. Presentations will be given by international, travel study and study abroad students. If you're interested in global topics and learning about other cultures, then the Global Café is a great way to meet people who also have international interests!
This event is sponsored by the Center for Global Education and Co-Sponsored by the International Student Association (ISA).
Fall 2014 semester dates and topics
Wednesday, October 15th @ 6:00pm in the Warhawk Connection Center (UC), Germany
Tuesday, October 28th @ 5:00pm in Starin Hall Seminar Room (Topic TBD)
Wednesday, November 11th (Time, location and topic TBD)
Tuesday, November 18th (Time, location and topic TBD)
Wednesday, Decmeber 3rd @ 6:00pm in UC Room 69, Spanish
If students are interested in presenting for a Global Café Series event, please read through the following list of requirements:
1. Each Global Cafe Session will have at least one international student and one Global experiences student (study abroad/ travel study) to present present.
2. Presentations should be around 10 - 15 minutes.
- Most students will use a powerpoint with photos.
- Students should allow 5-10 minutes for questions and answers.
- Topics could vary drastically but must contain an international experience component. Students may focus on something specific like sports or food in their home/host country, or do a general presentation about life in their home country/study abroad experience.
3. To sign up, interested students should contact Dan Colleran: Collerad@uww.edu
- The center for Global Education will review the topics and try to place similar topics together.
- Students may have co-presenters if they wish.
- You would want to invite any faculty that you plan on utilizing for references to your presentation as well as family and friends.