What is Global Café?
Global Café is an informal gathering of students, faculty and staff that promotes cross-cultural awareness through the exchange of ideas and experiences. Presentations will be given by international, travel study and study abroad students. If you're interested in global topics and learning about other cultures, then the Global Café is a great way to meet people who also have international interests!
This event is sponsored by the Center for Global Education and Co-Sponsored by the International Student Association (ISA).
Spring semester dates and topics
Wednesday, February 5th @ 5:30pm in the Andersen Library
Wednesday, February 26th @ 5:00pm in the Andersen Library
Thursday, February 27th @ 4:00pm in the UC
Wednesday, March 12th @ 5:30pm in the Andersen Library
Wednesday, April 9th @ 5:30pm in the Andersen Library
Wednesday, April 23rd @ 5:30pm in the Andersen Library
If students are interested in presenting for a Global Café Series event, please read through the following list of requirements:
1. Each Global Cafe Session will have at least one international student and one Global experiences student (study abroad/ travel study) to present present.
2. Presentations should be around 10 - 15 minutes.
- Most students will use a powerpoint with photos.
- Students should allow 5-10 minutes for questions and answers.
- Topics could vary drastically but must contain an international experience component. Students may focus on something specific like sports or food in their home/host country, or do a general presentation about life in their home country/study abroad experience.
3. To sign up, interested students should contact Dan Colleran: Collerad@uww.edu
- The center for Global Education will review the topics and try to place similar topics together.
- Students may have co-presenters if they wish.
- You would want to invite any faculty that you plan on utilizing for references to your presentation as well as family and friends.