The Center for Global Education’s
2nd Annual International Photo Contest
The contest theme is: Global Reflections: Cultural Clues and Inner Changes
The purpose of this contest is to highlight and promote student global experiences to the university community. Whether it’s American students studying abroad or international students studying here at Whitewater, this is a venue for students to express creativity in interpreting culture.
- Entrants must be current UW-W students or recent graduates.
- Entrants must have (a) participated in a UW-W global experiences program sometime during the 2013-14 academic year or (b) any current international student studying at UW-W now or sometime during the 2013-14 academic year
ENTRY RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- Each student may submit up to three original photographs in total: The photos will want to tie in cultural elements that are clues to your inner change.
- You will be asked to include the following with each electronic submission:
- A personal statement on how your photo is related to your inner change while abroad or here at the USA for internatonal student submissions. Please define what that inner change was in your statement. The statement itself should be one to three paragraphs and well - articulated. The photos and statements will be judged together.
- Submissions must be digital and of high quality resolution. The resolution will be a factor in judging. Photos must be 5 megabytes or smaller and must be in JPEG or JPG format and 300 dpi or higher.
- To preserve the integrity of the photo contest, drastic digital alterations to the appearance of the original photo (e.g. adding, removing, or moving aspects of the photo, drastic color changes, filters, etc.) are not acceptable. Entrants are welcome to make digital enhancements to their photos (e.g. cropping, color balance, brightness/contrast, red eye elimination, grayscale, etc.). If you are unsure whether an adjustment is acceptable or not, please check with the Center for Global Education (email@example.com)
- The photos must be taken by the person submitting them to the contest
Apply online by clicking "Apply now" at the top of this page.
- The deadline for all submissions is Friday December 5th 2014. The online application portal will close at midnight on the 5th.
- Student photographers will be notified about the awards by Friday December 19th
- Dr. Andre Ferrella – UW-W art/photography professor
- Craig Schreiner – UW-W Marketing and Media photographer
- Staff at the Center for Global Education
AWARDS: UW-W RECOGNITION OF YOUR FINE WORK
- 27 photos will be printed, framed and displayed at the UC Fiskum Gallery February 16th - March 6th 2015. A reception will be held on Wednesday March 4th from 3:30pm – 5:00pm (The CGE retains printed photos and frames)
- A rotating digital gallery of the winners will be displayed during International Edcuationa Week in the Hyland Hall atrium
- Any photos submitted may be used for promotional purposes by the Center for Global Education
- The top three “Peoples’ Choice” awards will be given at the end of the International Dinner on Friday March 6th.– Award is $25.00 gift card at the University Bookstore. Balloting takes place during gallery hours
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PHOTO RELEASE:
Submission of photos to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater International Photo contest constitutes the entrant’s agreement to the following:
- Having read, understood, and accepted the rules and Guidelines of the UW-W photo contest.
- By submitting photos to the Photo Contest, entrants grant the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater non-exclusive license to use your photo and accompanying entry information, including name and program information, for promotional purposes.
- To release for him/herself, his/her heirs, executors and administrators, the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, its officers, agents, employees, and from any obligation or liability, and from any and all claims for libel, slander, invasion of the right of privacy or any claim based on the use or exhibition of said material.