So, What Exactly is School Spirit?
- Gratitude toward school
- Loyalty toward school
- Emotional support for one's educational institution
- Wearing school colors
- Encourages leadership
- Attendance at school events
- Involvement in school
- Verbal enforcing of school (chants & cheers)
- Student behaviors that represent the school - make it positive.
- Shows investment in educational institution
- Good sportsmanship
- Pride in institution (express it!)
- Enthusiasm about institution
- Excitement about school
- Wanting to better educational institution in some way, wanting a part of bettering it
Students with a lot of school spirit tend to be very involved in extracurricular activities at school. They may join sports, music groups or other clubs and activities to show their support of the school.
School colors tend to be intertwined with school spirit. Someone with school spirit often wears their school colors regularly, and especially at school sponsored events.
School spirit often involves athletics; when sports fans attend a school athletic event wearing face and body paint, for instance, they display their school spirit.
State of Mind
School spirit is an ongoing, positive attitude toward your school. If you have school spirit, you show it by taking pride in your school and sharing that pride with the people around you.
We've Got Spirit
A person with school spirit is enthusiastic about their school, and supports their school with a positive attitude and a regular presence at school events.