Movie Trailers Information
Monday, October 21
Movie Trailers - Summers Auditorium
- Participating groups will create a movie trailer representing their theme that needs to be 120 seconds or less.
- Format information / Hints for Success:
- Must set up DVD formatting so that it burns for a Standard DVD Player
- Must use a DVD-R Format
- Can use any standard burning software
- A saved MP4 file needs to be converted to DVD
- Cannot be left as an .avi or quick time file
- "Export as a DVD Compatible File" DOESN'T WORK
- Menu at beginning of disk is helpful
- Prior to turning in, must be able to remove from computer, place in a standard DVD player and have it work
- Entry forms MUST be submitted ONLINE at https://my.uww.edu by 11:59pm on Thursday, October 13, 2011.
- Videos must be turned in to the Homecoming Steering Committee at Career & Leadership Development during hours of operations or at the General Information Meeting, on Monday, October 17th, 2011, 9:15 PM to qualify for judging. You are encouraged to submit your entries earlier. Videos will not be returned!
- Please do not "REVEAL" your video on facebook prior to the video's being judged, this may disqualify your entry into this event.
- Videos must be designed, performed and created by current UW-Whitewater students. There cannot be any still life photos used in the making of the video.
- Students are encouraged to design a video that fits their theme and their organization. Creativity and originality is encouraged.
- Top finishers will be shown during the Homecoming Variety Show and at Homecoming Events. The top video from each division will be played during the Homecoming football game (at discretion of Football Stadium Technical Staff).
- Vulgarity, profanity, promoting of irresponsible use of alcohol, or implying sexual or racial discrimination will be NOT permitted and groups will be disqualified.
- Videos must be playable on a standard DVD player.
- If you do not have access to a recording device, three resources are available for recording movie trailers.
Option 1: Your advisor may check out movie camera equipment through iCIT by visiting https://av-checkouts.uww.edu/. Once reserved, you may pick up and return the equipment on your organization’s behalf. Equipment is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis – please plan ahead.
Option 2: You may check out movie camera equipment through Career & Leadership Development by e-mailing Donvontae at email@example.com. Equipment is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis – please plan ahead.
Option 3: Andersen Library also has a Flip Camera, available for check-out through the Resource Desk (http://library.uww.edu/services/equipment/cameras).
- Videos will be judged on the following areas:
- The decision of the judges is FINAL.
|Adherence to theme||35|
Questions concerning the Music Video Contest should be directed to Sharyn, the Movie Trailers Coordinator, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a message at Career & Leadership Development, 262-472-1471.