Awareness Whitewater's K-9 Unit
Public Announcement Video: Friday, October 25 - Summers Aud. 2:00 p.m.
Each year, the Homecoming Steering Committee selects a theme-related and/or timely issue to bring awareness to. To connect with the theme of Story Time with Willie, this year's focus will be on literacy.
Here's What We Know:
- Participating groups will create a public service announcement (PSA) representing their theme. The goal of a PSA is to raise awareness about an issue in an informative and entertaining way.
- Videos must be 45 seconds to 75 seconds in length. (disqualifications for those under or exceeding time limits.)
- Entry forms MUST be submitted ONLINE at https://my.uww.edu by 11:55pm on Wednesday, October 16th.
- Public Service Announcement Videos must be turned in to the Homecoming Steering Committee email account before the General Information Meeting, on Monday, October 21st to qualify. You are encouraged to submit your entries earlier. Please send an email to email@example.com with your video link. An automated email response will be sent. No response means we did not receive your link.
- PSA's will be turned into the Homecoming Steering Committee as a YOUTUBE LINK. This link must be set PRIVATE. The link must be also be set as youtube.com/uww________________ followed by your organization's name.
- Please do not "REVEAL" your PSA on any form of social media (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc) prior to the judging of the video.
- Videos must be designed, performed and created by current UW-Whitewater students.
- There is a limit of TWO still life photos used in the making of the video.
- Students are encouraged to design a PSA that fits their theme and their organization. Creativity and originality is encouraged.
- Top finishers will be shown during the Homecoming Variety Show and at Homecoming Events as possible.
- Vulgarity, profanity, promoting of irresponsible use of alcohol, or implying sexual or racial discrimination will be NOT permitted. Groups will be disqualified at HSC's discretion.
- If you do not have access to a recording device, the following three resources are available for recording movie trailers.
Option 1: Your advisor may check out movie camera equipment through iCIT by visiting https://av-checkouts.uww.edu/. Once reserved, you may pick up and return the equipment on your organization's behalf. Equipment is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis - please plan ahead.
Option 2: You may check out a flip camera through Career & Leadership Development by e-mailing Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org. Equipment is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis - please plan ahead.
Option 3: Andersen Library also has a Flip Camera, available for check-out through the Resource Desk (http://library.uww.edu/services/equipment/cameras).
- Videos will be judged on the following areas:
Adherence to theme 20pts.
Overall Impression 10pts.
- The decision of the judges is FINAL.
Puppy Photo Contest: to bring awareness to Whitewater K-9 Unit
- The two categories for this contest are: Students and Community
- There is no age requirement for contestants. All ages and breeds are eligible.
- The winning dogs (3 from Community and 3 from UW-W Students) will help lead the UW-W Homecoming Parade down Main St. on Saturday, Nov. 2.
- To Enter, submit a photo of your dog to facebook/UWWHomecoming by Wednesday Oct. 16th at 11:55 pm.
- Must include name of pet and owner in the photo description, along with stating if you are a student or community member. The submitters must tag themselves in the photo.
Puppy Play Date: Tuesday, October 22 - in Warhawk Alley Patio 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
- Rock County Humane Society will be bringing dogs of all breeds and ages to campus for a fundraiser.
- It costs $2 to play with a dog. All money raised will be split and donated equally between the Rock County Humane Society and the Whitewater K-9 Unit.
- Cash or Purple points will be accepted at the play date.
- Information will be available for both organizations during the puppy play date.
Questions concerning all awareness activities: PSA Videos, Puppy Photo Contest, or the Puppy Play Date should be directed to Rebecca & Amanda, the Awareness Coordinators, by emailing email@example.com or leaving a message at Career & Leadership Development, 262-472-1471.