Rental Companies (Car & Bus)
In order to use a university vehicle, a user code is required. Because only a small percentage of student organizations have access to a user code, we have provided you with a list of possible places to rent from. These are the places that the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater uses regularly when University vehicles are not available or are not appropriate. Some will give discounts to UW-Whitewater groups, some will not. In order to get a discount, please contact the agency yourself, explaining that you are a UW-Whitewater recognized student organization. Please remember that this list is not all inclusive.
2833 Milton Avenue
1-608-758-7100 or 1-800-736-8222
In-State & Out-of-State Travel (including foreign)
National Car Rental
4000 International Lane Suite 12
1-608-249-1614 or 1-800-227-7368
Out-of-State Travel (including foreign)
Alamo Rent A Car
Bus Rentals & Charters
Laidlaw Transit Inc.
200 W. North St.
Deforest, WI 53532
Things to keep in mind when renting vehicles (questions you should ask):
- What is the age requirement for someone to rent a car?
- What is the age requirement for someone to drive a rented car?
- Does the renter need to be in the vehicle when it's being driven?
- What about insurance coverage . . . is the renter's insurance primary or can you provide insurance?
- Do they offer a discount for UW-W recognized student organizations? If so, what do you (the organization) need to do to receive the discount?
Things you need to know before renting vehicles:
- How many people will be going?
- Where will you be going (destination city and mileage)?
- When will you be picking up the vehicle and when will you be dropping off the vehicle?