Women's Resource Center
(Established in 1989)
Phone: (262) 472-2786
Warhawk Involvement Center Transition Mission
The mission of the Multicultural Resource Center (MRC), PB Poorman PRIDE Resource Center (PPRC) and the Women's Resource Center (WRC) is to develop leaders who will understand diversity, embrace multiculturalism, and understand LGBT concerns and gender-related issues. The Centers will facilitate opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to connect and work together towards that end. The Centers will foster a sense of community on campus through support of campus wide events, connecting affinity groups, supporting the initiatives of other groups in the area of diversity education/events, and foster student involvement opportunities. In addition, the Centers will provide a welcoming place to study or relax.
- Get A Jump & Get Involved visit the MRC today and set up an appointment with a Leadership Assistant to discuss our Involvement Paths.
- The Multicultural Resource Center Staff will help connect students to the many resources available to them on campus (student organizations, career services, Leadership programs, counseling services, social events, and campus activities).
- The Center will provide a variety of pamphlets, brochures, and magazines concerning relevant issues both locally and nationally.
- Leadership Assistants are trained in event planning and available to assist student organizations with event planning information.
- Ask our Leadership Assistants about upcoming SEAL events on campus.
- Ernella S. Hunziker was a UW-Whitewater professor in Art and Education from 1963 to 1990. This scholarship named in her honor is for UW-Whitewater full-time students (12 credits or more). Scholarships are up to $3,000 per academic year, payable over two semesters. UW-Whitewater half-time students (6-11.5 credits) scholarship awards are $1,500 per academic year, payable over two semesters.
Please go to JOIN! to find out more about student organizations like:
- Women's Athletics
- Women's Club Sports