Institutional Research and Planning aims to provide accurate, insightful, and accessible central support, information, research and analysis for the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater's reporting, decision making, and strategic planning efforts.
In order for the university to accomplish its mission, the Office of Institutional Research sets the following goals:
- Provide timely and accurate information through regular and ad hoc reporting of institutional data to internal and external audiences
- Support institutional effectiveness through research, planning, peer analysis, benchmarking, and reporting designed to answer mission-critical questions regarding university-related performance
- Promote the use of accurate and reliable institutional data through resources offered by Institutional Research and Planning, and promote data quality standards by maintaining a commitment of service
- Serve as a central resource for academic and non-academic departments as they perform data-driven work
- Support the strategic planning process by providing institutional data that can inform progress toward the university's goals