Description & Master Teacher Contacts
This program provides instructors the opportunity to observe an expert teacher in action. Past participants in this program regularly report picking up new and/or refining current instructional strategies and tactics as a result of their observation. The LEARN Center has identified faculty from each of the four colleges who have agreed to support this initiative. These Master Teachers have been recognized by their colleges and/or the university for teaching excellence and have agreed to open their classrooms for observation.
The Master Teachers Program is designed to:
- assist faculty in their efforts to secure promotion and tenure by providing a list of "master" instructors willing to be observed;
- expose faculty and academic teaching staff to alternate instructional methodologies, assignments, philosophies etc.; and
- provide a prompt for faculty and academic teaching staff to think reflectively about their instructional tendencies, personal pedagogical philosophies, and the process of student learning.
The LEARN Center has assembled faculty from each of the four colleges who have graciously agreed to support this initiative. These Master Teachers represent a small cadre of faculty who have been recognized by their colleges and/or the University for teaching excellence, and have agreed to open their classrooms for observation. Individuals interested in observing are asked to contact the Master Teacher off the list below to arrange an appropriate class session (e.g., make sure that there is no exam, etc…)
College of Arts and Communication
- George Ferencz, Music Department
(Phone: 262-472-4842; e-mail: email@example.com).
- Susan Messer, Art Department
(Phone: 262-472-1843; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
College of Business and Economics
- Choton Basu, Management Computer Systems Department
(Phone: 262-472-5005, e-mail: email@example.com).
- Praveen Parboteeah, Management Department
(Phone: 262-472-3971; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
College of Education
- Greg Valde, Educational Foundations Department
(Phone: 262-472-5433; e-mail: email@example.com ).
- Lana Collet-Klingenberg, Special Education Department
(Phone: 262-472-5380; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
College of Letters and Sciences
- Marilyn Durham, Languages and Literatures
(Phone: 262-472-1979; e-mail: email@example.com ).
- Jim Winship, Social Work Department
(Phone: 262-472-5304; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
For More Information
If you'd like more information about the Master Teachers Program, or have questions about other instructional and professional development opportunities, please contact the LEARN Center (Phone: 262-472-5242; email@example.com).