Meta-Analysis of Teacher/Course
Evaluation Instructional Dimensions
- Teacher's stimulation of interest in the course and subject matter.
- Teacher's enthusiasm for subject or teaching.*
- Teacher's knowledge of the subject.
- Teacher's intellectual expansiveness and intelligence.
- Teacher's preparation and organization of the course.*
- Clarity and understandableness.*
- Teacher's elocutionary skills.
- Teacher's sensitivity to and concern with class level and progress.
- Clarity of course objectives and requirements.
- Nature and value of the course material including its usefulness and relevance.
- Nature and usefulness of supplementary materials and teaching aides.
- Perceived outcome or impact of instruction.
- Instructors fairness; impartiality of evaluation of students; quality of examinations.
- Personality characteristics of the teacher.
- Nature, quality, and frequency of feedback from the teacher to the students.
- Teacher's encouragement of questions and discussion and openness to opinion of others.
- Intellectual challenge and encouragement of independent thought by the teacher & course.
- Teacher's concern and respect for student; friendliness of the teachers.*
- Teacher's availability and helpfulness.
- Teacher motivates students to do their best; high standards of performance required.
- Teacher's encouragement of self-initiated learning.
* Dimensions most likely to influence overall teacher/course evaluation scores.