Coach's Final - Self Evaluation Form
Download Peer Coaching Program Application Form in Word format
If you do not have Microsoft Word you can download a free Word Reader program.
To be completed after all of the classroom observations, but prior to final meeting with the Instructor.
Based upon: 1) the instructor's responses in the application to the Peer Coaching Program; 2) your many dialogues with the instructor; 3) any videotape analysis; and/or 4) review of course materials, please respond to each of the questions below. Please share a copy of your responses with the instructor prior to your final meeting.
What are the key strengths of this instructor, from most important to least important. Address the following issues for each of, at least, three strengths you list.
- In what kinds of instructional situations does each strength best serve him/her?
- In what situations might this strength be less useful?
- What should the instructor do to make better use of these instructional strengths?
What development targets/recommendations, from most significant to least significant, do you have for this instructor? What tactics or behaviors are most likely to improve this individual as an instructor and, consequently, enhance student learning? Address the following issues for each of, at least, three development targets/recommendations you list.
- Why is it important to do this differently? How will it help the instructor be more effective?
- What do you sense are the current barriers to the instructor doing this differently?
- How might the instructor overcome these barriers (e.g., how can the instructor use his/her strengths to help?)
What have you learned about teaching and/or student learning from your work with the instructor?
Please share your responses with your Peer Coach at your final meeting.