Posters in the Rotunda
March 09, 2012
Six students from UW-Whitewater displayed their research projects this week at the Capitol in Madison in the ninth annual celebration of undergraduate student research statewide.
Undergraduate research is a point of pride at UW-Whitewater, where about 150 students conduct original inquiries in diverse fields of study. Faculty advisers from all four colleges serve as mentors.
This year's Posters in the Rotunda participants, their advisers and their projects are:
- Kara Kamps, Belmont, (Eric Brown); "Assessing Cellular Responses of HeLa (Cervical Cancer) Cells to Activated Fe204-Ti02 Core-Shell Nanoparticles."
- Kelly Kachelski, Milwaukee, (Barbara Grubel); "Northern Exposures to Dance."
- Jake Struck, Jackson, (Carol Scovotti); "Prepare Yourself: Research-Driven Marketing Strategy for a New Product Launch."
- Hagen Kaczmarek, Wisconsin Rapids, (Dale Splinter); "Spatial and Temporal Variability of Water Quality in the Whitewater Creek Watershed."
- Bridgette Christine Jordan, Oak Creek, (Richard Mason); "African-American and Caucasian Mothers: A Bi-Racial Dilemma."
- Shia Lee, Madison, (Tanya Kam); "The Impact of Comic Book Movies in the Past Decade."