We Are All Purple
Diversity in Action
Our mission at UW-Whitewater
We desire a reputation as an institution that truly values and nurtures diverse intellectual, cultural, creative and service opportunities. Go to the Diversity Web site for more information.
News and Events
- "We Are All Purple" forum
- "This is Our House" diversity week
- Sing Against Hate: a musical call for unity
- Chancellor's statements on hate crimes
- Message from WSG President Andrew Whaley
- Message from UW-Whitewater Faculty Senate
- Message from UW-Whitewater Academic Staff Assembly
- What happened: hate crime information
- Reward for information leading to hate crime arrests
- Personal safety escorts
- We Are All Purple Forum Suggestions/Recommendations Summary
- Difficult discussions in the classroom
- Diversity resources
- Campus safety classes and learning opportunities
- Chancellor's Task Force on LGBT Issues
- Safe Zone
- Discrimination complaint procedures
- Sexual harassment policy
- Preventing sexual harassment
- Student right to be free from harassment
- ADA appeals policy and process
This video premiered Dec. 1st at UW-Whitewater's "We Are All Purple" forum. Students, faculty and staff members came to Timothy J. Hyland Hall to be a part of UW-Whitewater's efforts to promote a diverse, compassionate and creative campus community.
Regent Jose Vasquez addresses the "We Are All Purple" forum.
Chancellor Telfer talks with UW-Whitewater Police Chief Matt Kiederlen about the program his department provides to assist people who are concerned about walking on campus at night.
Students and faculty and staff members gather in the James R. Connor University Center on the UW-Whitewater campus to "Sing Against Hate." More than 125 people sang songs whose themes center on peace, unity and diversity, including the 1939 classic, "Over the Rainbow."