TRAVEL APPROVAL POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Source: Office of the Assistant Chancellor for Administrative Affairs
DOA has issued a directive that all in and out-of-state travel must be approved in advance by the Chancellor (or designate).
Prior approval of out-of-state travel is delegated to the appropriate Division Head. Approval for in-state travel is delegated to appropriate Director or Dean of the College.
- All individuals desiring to conduct University travel must complete the out-of-state travel request form, or for in-state travel, the department/college designated travel approval request or the "Request to be Absent from Campus" form.
- The request may be submitted electronically for approval by attaching to an e-mail from the requesting employee.
- The supervisor, if not the delegated approval authority, must forward the request to the next level of review, indicating their recommendation for approval.
- Once the request has reached the individual with delegated authority to approve/deny the travel, that individual approves/denies the travel, records the approval for out of state travel, and returns to the traveler.
- UWSA may request a report of all approved out-of-state travel from the institution, which, if requested, is provided by the Division head to the Chancellor’s office for compilation and submission.
As amended 29 July 2014