ACE Course and Discounts
ACE Personal Training Prep Course - PEPROF 315 (3 credits)
This course is designed to provide theoretical knowledge and practical skills in preparation for a national certification exam in personal training. Topics include guidelines for instructing safe, effective, and purposeful exercise, essentials of the client-trainer relationship, conducting health and fitness assessments, and designing and implementing appropriate exercise programming. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply the ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model
- Understand the application of principles of exercise science, human anatomy, and biomechanics to movement design and exercise instruction.
- Understand principles and methods of training for cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility.
- Demonstrate the ability to individualize exercise instruction for apparently healthy adults using an exercise progression model.
- Demonstrate the proper usage of various commercial fitness machines and equipment utilizing appropriate exercise guidelines and spotting techniques.
- Exhibit the communication skills needed in personal fitness instruction.
Additional Topics Discussed
Topics covered will be:
- Business Fundamentals
- Behavior Change, Rapport and Communication
- Foundational Sciences
- IFT Model and Programming
ACE Personal Trainer Manual, 4th Edition
ACE Personal Trainer Master the Manual, A Study Guide to Accompany the ACE Personal Trainer Manual
Cost: $150 (class fee), plus the cost of the national exam, if you choose to sit for it.
Spring 2014: Tuesday/Thursday 8:00-9:15am
If you are not currently a UWW student, you are eligible to register for the course. You must contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262.472.1440 and inquire about becoming a "Special Non-Credential Student".
Student Discounts/Certification Exam Information
ACE has designed a special student landing page that will provide discounts on materials and the exam fee. See www.acefitness.org/students for discounts. The student discount is 20% off ACE Study Materials and $40 off the exam. Discounts will appear in your shopping cart.
UW-Whitewater currently hosts all computer-based ACE Certification Exams. Registration and details can be found within the landing page link above.