Refer to the College of Business and Economics for complete information on the Department. Only the requirements for the BA/BS major and the L&S minor are listed here.
Students in the College of Letters and Sciences are required to have:
1. a minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
2. a minimum grade point of 2.0 in their major.
MAJOR - 27 UNITS & 2.00 GPA
1. ECON 201 (GS), ECON 245, ECON 404, ECON 301 AND ECON 302
2. SELECT 12 ELECTIVE UNITS (300 AND 400) IN ECONOMICS
UNIQUE MAJOR AND WRITING REQ. - 9-11 UNITS
1. ECON 202 (GS) AND ITBE 353 RLS
2. MATH 243 (GM) OR MATH 250 (GM) RLS
AN APPROVED MINOR IS REQUIRED FOR THIS MAJOR
ECONOMICS - L&S EMPHASIS
MINOR - 21 UNITS
1. ECON 201 (GS) AND ECON 202 (GS)
2. SELECT 15 UNITS FROM ECONOMICS NUMBERED ECON 240 OR HIGHER. IF YOU ARE A BBA STUDENT, THE ECON COURSES APPLIED TO YOUR DEGREE REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE LISTED HERE BUT THEY CAN BE APPLIED TO THE MINOR; CHECK WITH THE ECON DEPT FOR INFORMATION.