- Free Consultations
- Consulting Projects
- Facilitated Innovation
- Diversification Advising
- Strategic Planning
for businesses seeking
This service is for business owners and entrepreneurs working with commercial lenders. The SBDC will provide an opinion on the feasibility of the business plan and financial projections provided by the business owner in order to assist the lender with reaching a decision about loan eligibility. This is a free service of the UW-W Small Business Development Center. It must be requested by the lender with the permission and cooperation of the business owner seeking the loan. Please call 262-472-3217 for more information.
NOTE: If you are an entrepreneur who wants to assess the feasibility of a startup business idea, see our First Step Online program.
When evaluating business loan applications, lenders consider one key
Will the business achieve financial success?
For lenders: Why request a feasibility study?
- To receive conservative, realistic financial projections.
- To gain a customized analysis of industry trends, target markets, net present value of the business, and projections that include fixed operating expenses, income and cash flow, balance sheets, financial ratios and more.
- To have projections compared to Risk Management Association data including ratio benchmarks, industry default probabilities and cash flow measures.
- To utilize a free service. Studies have been provided as a free resource to commercial lenders since 2007.
- To save time. Reports are typically completed in one to two weeks.
A sample report is available by request.
Financial performance determines the business owner's ability to
Feasibility Studies enable lenders and borrowers to make well-informed decisions.
To discuss the features of the Feasibility Study, the research process
employed, and/or UW-W SBDC qualifications and expertise, please contact the
UW-Whitewater SBDC office at 262-472-3217 or e-mail