- Free Consultations
- Consulting Projects
- Facilitated Innovation
- Diversification Advising
- Strategic Planning
Free Business Advising for Owners of Established Businesses
At no charge, UW-Whitewater business consultants will help you understand how to solve specific business problems or capitalize on business opportunities. Because of funding provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration, business consulting services are free to owners of established businesses with up to 500 employees.
Business owners facing decisions or seeking ways to take their businesses to the next level find that consulting with the SBDC helps them develop focus and identify the most likely path to increased profitability and greater competitive advantage. Owners of established businesses may request an appointment by calling 262-472-3217 or by emailing email@example.com.
Click here to view a video interview with UW-Whitewater SBDC director Bud Gayhart discussing financing options for small businesses with Forward Janesville director John Beckord.
By working with the SBDC consultants, high-tech, manufacturing, service industry and other clients:
- Grow established ventures
- Access available capital
- Stabilize their businesses
- Strategize business improvements
- Increase profits
- Identify solid opportunities
- Make solid decisions
- Act with confidence
SBDC consultants have helped clients:
- Establish goals and priorities
- Develop strategies to secure contracts
- Access capital for growth
- Interpret financial statements
- Utilize business faculty expertise
- Establish key industry connections
- Create succession plans, exit strategies and catastrophe plans
NOTE: The SBDC does not make loans, nor does it do tax preparation nor provide legal advice. However, business consultants can offer suggestions on how to best work with accountants, lawyers, bankers, advertising agencies and other professionals.