First Step Online
The First Step to Starting a Business class is now available online!
"The program allowed us to think
about things that may have been
overlooked. The class also gave access
to many resources to learn from."
"This is a wonderful resource for
individuals who are considering
becoming entrepreneurs. I have earned
a Bachelor's of Business Administration
and a Masters of Business Administration
from UW-Whitewater, so I have a
good feel for business. I felt that I
had really thought through my business
ideas, but I was happy to receive some
additional ideas, resource contacts, as
well as confirmation that I'm on the
right track from this course."
"This course is a perfect introduction
to all that's involved in becoming an
entrepreneur. It's fairly basic, but
covers all of the areas that must be
thought about and addressed before
diving into a businesses."
- Easy to follow slide presentations covering the basics of business start-ups.
- Videos featuring the SBDC director talking about key issues for starting a business.
- Additional handouts, links to useful websites and self-evaluation tools.
- An online discussion group to allow you to interact with instructors and others taking the class.
- Accessible from your home, office or the public library via the internet.
Benefits of Taking "First Step Online"
First Step Online is a must-take class for people thinking about starting a business and those who are new to business ownership. Participants are guided through the process of evaluating their business ideas and their preparedness for becoming entrepreneurs. Those who complete First Step Online gain valuable information about what is involved in starting and operating a small business.
First Step Online Contents
- Characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
- Experience and education needed to succeed at running a business.
- What makes a good business idea.
- The importance of accurately describing target customers.
- Costs to consider when starting a business.
- Options for funding a new business.
- Wisconsin Business Services guide.
- The importance of writing a business plan.
This class is FREE and open to residents of the following Wisconsin counties: Dodge, Jefferson, Rock, Walworth and Waukesha.
Call 262-472-3217 or e-mail email@example.com to register.