The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (University) prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in employment and any educational program or activity receiving federal financial assistance, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 ("Title IX") (20 U.S.C. §§1681 et seq. and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106). This prohibition includes any form of sex discrimination, such as sexual harassment and sexual violence. Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature, which may include sexual advances, requests for sexual favors or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual natureSexual violence refers to incidents including sexual assault, rape, sexual harassment, stalking, dating violence, and domestic violence. 

Upon receipt of a complaint of sex discrimination, including sexual harassment or sexual violence, the University is committed to responding in order to ensure a safe and equitable educational environment. For more information, please see: https://www.uww.edu/student-handbook/policies-sexual-misconduct

Those who have been subjected to an incident of sexual misconduct have several options for reporting. Note: This individual may elect not to report, or may make a report to one or more of the offices below.

1) The reporting form
http://www.uww.edu/dean-of-students/reporting-forms (Or contact the Office of the Dean of Students, Hyer Hall, Room 200; 262-472-1533.) 

2) Confidential Resource 
(This information shall be considered confidential in nature and not disclosed to a third party without the written consent of the reporting individual or unless required by law or court order. But reporting to an additional non-confidential source will negate the confidentiality.) The University Health and Counsel Services (UHCS) provides confidential and free services. http://www.uww.edu/uhcs/about-us/staff-directory

3) Title IX Coordinator
Margaret Wheeler
Office of Human Resources and Diversity800 W. Main, Hyer Hall Room 330Whitewater, WI 53190
Phone: 262-472-1494; wheelerm@uww.edu 

4) UW-Whitewater Police Services
Chief/Director of Police Services
Goodhue Hall
734 W. Starin Road
Whitewater, WI 53190
Phone 262-472-4660 

5) Individuals have the option to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/howto.html

University employees (other than designated confidential resources) are required to report any incidents of sexual harassment and sexual violence in which they are a witness or about which they have been informed. Please click here and provide all information you have regarding the incident, even if limited information: http://www.uww.edu/dean-of-students/reporting-forms