Voter ID

Voter ID

Notice: On Tuesday, March 6, 2012, in one of the two lawsuits in Dane County Circuit Court against the voter ID law, a Dane County judge ordered the Governor and the Government Accountability Board to "cease immediately any effort to enforce or implement the photo identification requirements" of the law. This means that at the present time it appears Wisconsin residents who are eligible to vote will not be required to produce photo identification at the upcoming election on April 3, 2012, and possibly elections thereafter. The judge's order is subject to appeal and UW institutions will continue to provide voter ID compliant student ID cards and enrollment verifications to students who request them. As further information becomes available, updates will be provided on this website.

flags on campus

Election Information!

If you are interested in voting follow these 3 easy steps:

  1. Determine if you can vote. If you are a U.S. Citizen who will be at least 18 years old on Election Day, have resided in Wisconsin for at least 28 days and not a convicted felon, you are eligible.
  2. Gather what you must have to vote. You need to prove where you live in Whitewater to be able to vote: ( Proof of Residence)
    You must bring:
    • A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license or Wisconsin ID card.
      IF you don't have either, you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number
    • Bring ONE of the following showing a Whitewater Address (if an On-Campus Resident, bring an item below with your Campus Address on it.)
      • UW-Whitewater Enrollment Verification Form
      • Current residential lease
      • A gas, credit card, electric or telephone statement (utility bill) that includes your name and address within 90 days of the election at your Whitewater address
      • A bank statement or paycheck with your name and address on it
      • A check or other document issued by a unit of government, including UW-Whitewater Enrollment Verification Form if your local address is listed as Whitewater
      • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or year preceding the election date for the property where you live

      How do I get an Enrollment Verification Form?
      Step 1. Click on WINS located at top of UW-Whitewater's home page
      Step 2. Sign into WINS
      Step 3: Click on Self Service
      Step 4: Click on Student Center
      Step 5: Under the Academics section, click on My Academics
      Step 6: Click on UW-Whitewater Voter ID Enrollment Verification
      Step 7. Click on Print Voter ID Enrollment Verification Step 8: Verify that all information is correct.
      Step 9: If correct, print. If information is incorrect, correct and then print

  3. Determine WHERE you vote.
    If you live in UW-W Residence Life administered housing, you vote in the ON CAMPUS (UC Hamilton Room.)
    If you live off campus look up your address on the attached Ward Chart. More than likely you will vote at the Armory located on North St in Downtown Whitewater

See a sample Voter ID Signature [PDF] »


Student Affairs
Hyer Hall 200
800 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190

Contact Us

Office Hours

Monday - Friday 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM