PLEASE SEE THE MAIN PAGE FOR INFORMATION RELATING TO HOURS OF OPERATION AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
What Students Should Know
- Textbooks are loaned to students and must be returned at the end of each semester
- Each student is responsible for all books checked out to him/her
- Each student should take only one copy of each book required for each course
- Books should be returned to the Textbook Rental Office immediately if a course is dropped, or a section changed requiring a different text
- Only books for courses receiving an incomplete grade may be retained. Students have until the end of the following semester to finish an incomplete and return the book
- Fines will be assessed for late return of books
- Fines will be assessed for any damage beyond ordinary wear, such as marking or highlighting
- If books are unreturnable due to catastrophic circumstances such as fire or water damage, Textbook Rental will provide replacement textbooks if needed to conclude a student's studies and documentation as to the value of lost textbooks for students to file with their insurance claims. Reimbursement for lost textbooks can be made directly to Textbook Rental by the claimant or by the insurance company.
- Students must pay for a lost book if it is not returned within 30 days of the end of the semester in which it was checked out.
- Books are arranged by department and course number (from smallest to largest). Shelf tags identify which books are needed for each course and section
- No additional books may be picked up without prior permission from management.
- Textbook Rental staff will scan your ID and the barcodes on the books you're checking out and repeat upon return.
- You must return the same books you checked out.
- Remember to bring your ID and a printed copy of your class schedule. It's best to bring a copy of your schedule when you come to avoid having to stand in another line to print out a copy.