UHCS provides a variety of health services for all students. Our providers receive training related to LGBT* health care needs. We strive to provide a safe and inviting place for all students to receive care and we welcome members of the LGBT* community.
It is important for everyone to receive routine medical care to prevent disease and we recommend that you talk to your medical provider about the care you need. Here at UHCS we offer the following services that are recommended by the Gay & Lesbian Medical Association for LGBT* patients:
- General medical care
- HPV vaccinations
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing
- HIV testing
- Nutrition consultation
- Hepatitis A & B vaccinations
- Colon, testicular & prostate cancer screenings
- Cervical & breast cancer screenings
- Post-exposure prophylactic treatment
- Breast health exams
We also offer emotional support through our Counseling Services. If you have anything that is concerning you, our counselors are available. UHCS counselors are specially trained to help with the unique needs of college students.
The LGBT Outreach website provide information for the LGBT* community in Wisconsin.
IMPACT is a student organization for all students and faculty/staff members of all gender expressions, sexual identities, and romantic identities at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. IMPACT will serve as a safe, confidential, and open space for discussion, support, and activism for LGBT*students and their allies. IMPACT will also provide education and awareness LGBT* issues for IMPACT members, the UW-Whitewater student body, faculty and staff. IMPACT shall not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, age, class, or ability.
* No single acronym will capture the diversity of identities related to sexual orientation, gender identity, and their intersections. A sample of related terms includes queer, questioning, genderqueer, pansexual, two-spirit, same gender loving, fluid, intersex, asexual, etc.
Last Updated: 08/29/14